Monday, November 28, 2011

Meal Plan Monday: Post Thanksgiving

It almost seems painful to plan out another week of eating.  Between our Thanksgiving feast and having mom and dad here for the past week we have absolutely stuffed ourselves with all sorts of delicious things.  Don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining.  I enjoyed every second of it.  However, I should probably get some fruits and vegetables back in there somewhere.

So this week is all about a post Thanksgiving "cleanse"...but not a cleanse at all.  I couldn't do that.  Ick.  I like food too much....Oh and I get hungry horns, meaning that without food I would probably go on a rampage.  And no one likes that girl.

But please don't be alarmed by all the healthy meals.  I will definitely find a place for some leftover pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and/or german chocolate cake.  And I highly suggest that you do the same.



Monday:
 -Okay so this isn't exactly part of the healthy meal thing...we will probably go to Trattoria di Monica tonight.  I mean it is mom's last night here...
if you live in Boston or anywhere close, you MUST go to Trattoria di Monica, Vinoteca di Monica, or Monica's Mercato.  All are located in the North End and have my vote for the greatest places in the North End.

Tuesday:
Super Spinach Salad with a Basic Vinaigrette from Simply Scratch
 -Time to settle down with the absurdly rich foods.  A nice spinach salad sounds delightful.

Wednesday:
Stuffed Acorn Squash from Prevention RD
-I made this squash a couple of weeks ago and it was wonderful.  Even Kaston liked it!  This week I'll be adapting the recipe to use up all of my leftover Thanksgiving stuffing!

Thursday:
Turkey Chili original recipe from Evonne Meranus
 -Not as light as the spinach salad or squash...but using turkey instead of beef is a delicious and much lighter option.

 Friday:

Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp from A Chow Life


-Another healthy option for the week.  As well as a good way to eat up the shrimp that have been screaming at me from the freezer for quite a while.

Sunday breakfast:
Cinnamon Rolls from The Pioneer Woman
   -Is there a better way to end a week of healthy eating than with some big fat cinnamon rolls?  I think not.  And I think that I will have some very happy men in my apartment.


 Coming Up: I think I will be sharing the Turkey Chili recipe with you...But I can't promise...I like to change my mind quite a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...