Monday, February 27, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

As I was looking through my collection of recipes on my blog/on pinterest/in my handy dandy little recipe book I realized something...

I like everything.  I have the most eclectic collection of recipes that anyone could have (this is probably not true, I'm sure many others have me beat).  One minute I'll be looking at a cozy Lentil Stew thinking "Mmmm yes, I'll make this" and then I'll flip to the next page of Fried Chicken and Waffles and be like "Oh yes!  I must make this immediately!" and then the next page will be a Leg of Lamb with Nettles & Goat Cheese Pesto and once again, "Ooooh ahhh.  I don't know what nettles are but I want them...now."

I don't think that this kind of hodge-podgery is even allowed.  Nor is the word "hodge-podgery" but I'm saying oh well on both accounts.  Food is food.  And I like it.  Unless it's McDonalds.  But then that's not food so it doesn't count.

So, as usual my Meal Plan Monday consists of a lot of really random recipes that just looked too darn good to pass up.  Hope you understand.

Monday:

As I was scavenging through my handy dandy recipe book I found this lovely thing from my Momma's recipe collection (which I stole) and it looks like a winner.  I might even fancy it up a bit.

Chicken Stuffed Artichokes
-from Momma Bell's recipe collection

Tuesday:

At this point it's come to be inevitable that I make turkey tacos at least once a week.  They are so darn good and quick to make.  BUT since I made them last night...I'm going to try to buzz through the week without making them again.  Instead I'm going to slide in one of Kaston's favorites.  I can't wait to see how these delicious looking things stack up for the fish taco connoisseur.

Fish Tacos with Creamy Green Chile and Cilantro Sauce

Wednesday:

Little Ms. Ashley from The Uniqueness of Being has made her recipe request for the week.  And it's a good one.  I must say she really knows the way to my heart.  Food + Ireland.  We've been ooing and aahing over this dish at our favorite Irish pub and it's time to see if I can make anything comparable.  If not...it's going in the trash and we are going to Goody's!

Shepherds Pie
-from Simply Recipes

Thursday:

As you might know, Thursdays usually mean leftovers.  So leftovers for dinner and...these for lunch.  I'll probably make them on a piece of pita or an english muffin.  YUM.

Vegetarian Mini Pizzas 
-from Green Kitchen Stories

Friday:

I'm going to finish up the week with some yummy roasted vegetables and chicken.  Perfect way to tie it all together right?  Right.

Roasted Acorn Squash with Shallots and Rosemary
-from Martha Stewart's Food Everyday



The Bread Diaries:
I've been swooning over bread recipes lately...and these are just a few of my favorites.


Kale and Bacon Omelet in a Bread Bowl
-from Pink Parsley


Homemade Bagels
-from Smitten Kitchen


Masa Cornbread
-from Hungry Cravings


Soft Homemade Pretzels with Sweet Butter
-from A Beautiful Mess

P.S.- Don't forget that these pictures all belong to the sites of the original recipes!  Yummmmm.  Enjoy your week!
 

4 comments:

  1. This shepherds pie looks amaaazing...and knowing your cooking there is no way that it will land in the trash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...you can't just take my recipe cards! Oh wait...I never cook anymore so I guess it is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She NEEDS cards in YOUR handwriting...it's like she's holding your hand when she holds that card...or something equally mushy...Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, that looks so delicious! I'm so hungry right now :D
    X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...