Friday, February 24, 2012

Roasted Chili Lime Chickpeas



Usually I'm a "sweets" kind of girl.

I've got what they would call a sweet tooth.

Salty or sweet you ask?  Sweet.

Obviously.

But you know what?

Every once in a while a "sweets" kind of girl needs a "salty" snack.

So guess what...

I made one.

And I'm going to share it with you.

Awkward one sided conversation...complete.

Roasted Chili Lime Chickpeas
...adapted from The Kitchn
Makes: 1 small bowl   Prep Time: 5 minutes  Cook Time: 40-45 minutes   Total Time: 50 minutes

{Print Me}

Ingredients:
  • 1 (15oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon - 1 teaspoon chili powder (depending on how spicy you want it)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon - 1/2 teaspoon salt (depending on how much you love salt)
  • chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with foil.
  2. Spread chickpeas that have been drained, rinsed, and patted dry, onto the baking sheet in a single even layer.
  3. Roast chickpeas for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
  4. Combine olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
  5. When chickpeas are nice and crunchy (but not burnt!) remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
  6. Transfer chickpeas to bowl and toss to coat.
  7. Enjoy! 

Update: Thank you to everyone who has entered the cookbook giveaway so far!  You are all wonderful and your comments have made my heart sing.  For those of you that haven't entered yet....I still think you're wonderful!  And if you want to enter click {here} to do so!  The giveaway closes tomorrow, February 25th, at midnight and I'll be announcing the winner on Sunday!  Good luck my little foodies!

8 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I did not know that you could roast chick peas like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and they are fabulous! I think it might be my new go to snack!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a dangerously addictive snack. I would not be able to keep my hands of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are completely right...SO addictive! Better chickpeas than addictive brownies though right? :)

      Delete
  3. I love roasted chickpeas! I've never tried lime on them though, I'll have to do that next time; seems like such a great way to really wake up those spices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the lime on them! Those little chickpeas packed a lot of punch in the flavor department!

      Delete
  4. I made this today and it was awesome! My housemates love them! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Thank you so much for coming back and sharing with me! I love hearing from you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...