Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween M&M Cookies

Listen.

It's that time of year again.  Halloween is upon us and that means costumes are being created, parties are being planned and of course candy is everywhere.

But here's the thing.  I don't really like candy.

Don't get me wrong.  I have a sweet tooth.  And it's not a small one.  But that monstrous sweet tooth of mine has this bizarre animosity towards candy.  It really shouldn't discriminate.  But it does.

If someone were to offer me a bag full of M&M's or a handful of candy corn right at this very moment (or at any moment for that matter) I would decline without a second thought.  *Gasp* I know, it's just not my thing.  But...there's always an exception...and that exception comes in the form of White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's.

Uh, what?

These things are like crack dipped in white chocolate.  I really don't understand it.  The part of me that dislikes candy is saying "Nooooooooooooo" but my taste buds are saying "YES".

Have I made my point that you should probably go grab a bag and try them?  Yes?  Okay, good.

But please don't eat the whole bag.  You'll need them for the cookies!

But...if you're a smart cookie...you'll get two bags.  One for you, one for the cookies!

halloween m&m cookies


Makes: 2-3 dozen cookies (depending on size)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 8-12 minutes 
Total Time: 20 minutes 

{Printable Recipe}

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup M&Ms (preferably the Halloween M&M's!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°.
Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk the butter and sugars until they are combined and look like the first picture below.  Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth.  Slowly incorporate flour until a dough forms.  Mix until all flour is added and then stir in M&M's.
Scoop out about 2 tablespoons worth of dough for each cookie and drop onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake for 8-12 minutes at 325° then remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.


P.S. - Please tell me you're proud that I took some process pictures?  It's been far too long.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic cookies!
    And yes, sweet of you taking time to share the process pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I know! I really should take process pictures more often...Shame on me.

      Delete
  2. i have literally never heard of such a sweet, white chocolate candy corn m&m's?! the best it gets in england is peanut m&ms!
    cookies look great, may have to steal this recipe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either! You obviously need someone from here to send you a bag! Well worth the shipping :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...