Monday, May 13, 2013

Meal Plan Monday

Happy Monday everyone!

It's a pretty exciting week here at Scarborough Food Fair.

Mostly because I have some super delicious recipes to share with you.

But also because...I'm graduating college this weekend!  I've been done with class for a few weeks now, but the whole walking across the stage thing is starting to make it feel real.

And the best part is...I get a nice long weekend with my wonderful parents!  Which will be filled with too much food, too much wine, and many games of cards to be sure.

Hope everyone has an equally great week!

monday


Last week's Meal Plan Monday included a recipe for a Spicy Mango and Veggie Bowl...and it was to die for.  So I'm going for another one this week.  I mean you can't go wrong with bowls of wonderfulness anyway right?  Keep your eye out for the spicy mango bowl...it'll be on the blog really soon!
Red Curry & Miso Roasted Veggie Bowl

tuesday


I currently have leftover pizza dough in my refrigerator that is just screaming to be used.  Minus the prosciutto this pizza will be perfect (even though it would obviously be delicious with prosciutto).  Also...I have a mild obsession with runny eggs on food.  Which is why you see it on my MPM's all the time.  It's possibly one of my favorite additions to a meal.
Spring Pizza
from - Zen Can Cook

wednesday


This past March I visited my parents in Florida and as usual we indulged on food for a solid week.  One of my favorite places was Sea Salt (if you're ever in Naples I highly recommend it) located in downtown Naples.  When we arrived everyone in the restaurant seemed to have ordered the same thing...a Lobster Reuben.  Naturally, two out of the four at our table had to try it...and it was mind blowing.  It's been on my to-do list ever since.  I tried to make it yesterday but the fish market was fresh out of lobster.  You better believe the recipe will be gracing your swooning eyeballs soon.
Lobster Reuben
picture from - Complex

thursday


As I mentioned earlier my parents will be arriving on Thursday afternoon.  And like any good planner, I'll be having a light lunch to prepare myself for the mass amounts of food we will be consuming for the next week.  The whole beurre blanc shrimp isn't exactly the lightest thing in the world...but uh...it's still salad.
Creamy Beurre Blanc Shrimp Salad

friday


Considering the list of restaurants I want to visit while the parents are in town...I may not get to these this week.  But I wouldn't want to leave one out.  Because I like options.  And quinoa.
Crispy Quinoa Sliders
from - How Sweet It Is

a project for the week


Okay come on.  Why haven't I made sushi?  It's ridiculous and I need to make it happen.  Therefore this is my project for the week.  Who wants to join me?
Dragon Roll Sushi

because I'm graduating college this week...and probably deserve a drink...or eight.



Wasabi Bloody Mary



Rhubarb-Hibiscus Mojito



The Extra Mile - Roasted Fruit and Rye



The White Ginger



Pimm's Jelly

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...